Please note:

We hope that you enjoy the DOT posts and the different views from everyone included. We promise lots of cute pictures, laughter, maybe a tear or two, and some information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed here are each author's own and do not necessarily represent DOT as a whole.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Doggie Spotlight for Mercy

*sorry this post is running late today. Blogger would not let me upload pictures until about noon.

Welcome to this weeks Dogs on Thursday!

The Dogs on Thursday (DoT) Snuggle Project Blog is up and running.
go check it out! Here.
It officially starts today and runs until April 30th.
Each person who wants to participate can make a Snuggle and send it to their own Favorite Dog Charity.
To post and show pictures on the DoT' Snuggle Project blog please email me and I will send you an invite.
Also, for every Snuggle made and posted the Makers name will go in a jar and on April 30th I will draw a name and the winner will receive a basket full of Doggie (and People) Goodness!

We are still taking names for the Dogs Spring Swap.
It runs from March 15th to April 15th.
Please join in the fun.
We need more participants to make it a secret swap.

This Weeks 'Doggie Spotlight' is on Dana's little furbaby Mercy:

"Mercy came to us in May 2005. We should have known that she wasn't going to be a "lap dog" when we picked her up at the breeders and witnessed her running around with all the children! Mercy has always been a very independent dog.
Mercy is very active, and enjoys running, not walking.
I ran a marathon in 2006 and Mercy was a training partner of mine, accompanying me on many runs. Believe it or not, this little 7 pounder has run over 10 miles at a time! (With water and treat breaks of course!)
Mercy and my husband even won a man-dog 5-k race.
Mercy snuggles on her own terms, usually when she's very tired. She does weird things with her food- takes a piece out, rolls around on it, then eats it. She sprints to our bedroom when the television turns off, no matter what time of day it is. She is afraid of smoke and hates swimming.
She tolerates the sweaters I knit her and usually doesn't steal my yarn. Usually.
She loves to shred tissues, new or used; roll around on dirty clothes; and hide bones, then pretend that she can't find them. We are beckoned to come to her rescue and help find it.
The adventures never stop with Mercy!
Now our furbaby has a human sibling, our 3 month old daughter.
I think they are going to be great friends!"






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I see Mercy I think what a dollbaby she is. So cute and photogenic.

From the sounds of it, you must be very busy with a new daughter and an active little dog. Makes me tired thinking about it.

Paula said...

She is an adorable little dog with such a big heart!

Lapdog Creations said...

Both of your girls are adorable!!! :)

Anonymous said...

She's precious - er, both of them. Mercy sounds like a lot of fun. My stepmom has a great Yorkie.

Cindy said...

I love the last shot with your "girls". Mercy looks like a pip.

Vivian said...

Mercy and baby look so cute together. My dogs were 3 and 4 years old when my son was born. They are true siblings.

GoldenTracks said...

Mercy is such a baby doll. Love the red sweater you knit for her

vegasangelbrat said...

Great pics!Mercy looks so adorable in that first pic!
The girls also look great together and I'm sure thye'll become best of friends.
Thanks for sharing Mercy with us!

Criquette said...

2 adorable girls - how lucky can you get?

Mindy said...

I was going to use the word "adorable" too - it seems that is the consensus! She's a very active doggie!

Heather said...

I love the picture with the baby! So cute