Please note:

We hope that you enjoy the DOT posts and the different views from everyone included. We promise lots of cute pictures, laughter, maybe a tear or two, and some information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed here are each author's own and do not necessarily represent DOT as a whole.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dogs On Thursday

Welcome to this weeks Dogs on Thursday!
It is a quiet week, so I just have a few announcements:

For those participating in the DoT Dogs Holiday Ornament Swap if you haven't already mailed your packages, don't forget to do that before December 20th.

Speaking of December 20th, for those of you who may not know, our DoT's Natalie is getting married on that day!

Please send healing prayers and wishes to Gmaries furbaby Abigail Jane as she had surgery the other day.

Here is a sweet, dogs Holiday poem to make to you smile by Shel Silverstein

Dogs First Watch
Tonight's my first night as a watchdog,
And here it is Christmas Eve.
The children are sleepin' all cozy upstairs,
While I'm guardin' the stockin's and tree.

What's THAT now . . . footsteps on the rooftop?
Could it be a cat or a mouse?
Who's THIS down the chimney?
A thief with a beard - And a big sack for robbin' the house?

I'm barkin'. . . I'm growlin' . . . I'm bitin' his butt.
He howls and jumps back in his sleigh.
I scared his strange horses, they leap in the air.
I've frightened the whole bunch away.

Now the house is all peaceful and quiet again,
The stockin's are safe as can be.
Won't the kiddies be glad when they wake up tomorrow . . .
And see how I've guarded the tree.
by Shel Silverstein



...and a u-tube video that Nichole sent me this past week to make you laugh out loud.
(just a word of caution if you haven't seen this one before
A. turn up your speakers
and B. do not have a beverage in your mouth while watching.)



How does your dog(s) like the snow? Please show us by taking a picture or a video and post them on your blogs by January 31, 2009.
On Thursday February the 5th I will post them all here! Please email me by January 31st to let me know if you are participating.
Have a great week everyone and stay warm!




10 comments:

Cat said...

Happy DOT all - two weeks today and Santa will have come and gone (O M G!!)

imjacobsmom said...

Miles is having a Happy Dogs on Thursday! Hope you are, too. ~ Robyn

vegasangelbrat said...

Happy DoT to everyone!
Neat poem and isn't that video a riot...LOL
No fair for us that have no snow...and I would love to see what my girls would do, they've never seen the stuff...lol

Unknown said...

My guys love the snow - if we get any I'll show you all. Thanks for the link to Abby - she did fine with her surgery and now we're just waiting. I told all about it today. Thanks Paula. :0 g

SissySees said...

My girls don't know snow, not really. Sissy's had a few "ground coverings" and Gretchen's had two of those as well. I think Sissy would love snow, and if Sissy was playing and loving it, Gretchen would come around.

Tina. said...

If our snow was that deep we would never find Honey Dew and Sampson till spring!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I just loved the little poem you enclosed with your post. It was very cute. The video was hilarious. Happy DOT

Natalie Rush said...

What a great poem and thanks for mentioning my wedding! I'm very excited...but super busy! I'm off to catch up on some posts today! Was busy yesterday!

Happy DOT a day late!

Nicki said...

Dogs on Thursday has been tagged-anyone who wants to play should check out my blog to see what to do!

Dot O said...

Found your blog by way of another blogster via Skywatch! Amazing how we are all connected. Anyway, I am a dog lover and had to join in on your fun. Plus, my name is Dot so I figured it'd be a great way to see my name all over the place every Thursday (I see referrals to DoT throughout your comments section)! LOL.

I have tons of pics of my dogs (I had to put a young stray beagle mix down in August due to unpredictable aggression, and I currently own an almost 11-year-old beagle) and hope to be able to feature some of them on my blog. The one I linked to Mr. Linky was just taken last week.

Happy New Year!