Did you know:
- In New Zealand, a dog named Tisha protected and raised orphaned rabbits.
- In 1910, Jean the Bitagraph dog (a collie mix), became the first dog to star in American movie.
- Dog whiskers are called vibrissae. Located on the muzzle, above the eyes and below the jaws, vibrissae can sense very small changes in airflow.
- According to legend, a dog named Soter was the only one of fifty watchdogs to survive an attack by invaders and warn the citizens of Corinth of the impending seige.
- In 1957, a Russian Dog named Laika was the first living creature to go to space.
- Studies indicate dogs can detect autism in children.
- From 1993 to 1998, Shanda a golden retriever, was mayor of the small town of Guffey, CO.
- Saur a dog belonging to a king of Norway during the 11th century became king for three years. The king had been deposed and, when he returned to power, he named Saur king and forced everyone to treat the dog royally because of the indignity the king had suffered.
Here's hoping you all have a wonderful week with your royal prince or princesses!
Tina, HoneyDew and Sampson too!