Please note:

We hope that you enjoy the DOT posts and the different views from everyone included. We promise lots of cute pictures, laughter, maybe a tear or two, and some information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed here are each author's own and do not necessarily represent DOT as a whole.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone! Penny here, and I'd like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all our US friends!

Being only 8 months old, it's my first Thanksgiving, but my mom and dad have told me the proper thing to do is to consider the things that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful that I have a warm bed to sleep in and lots of food.

I'm thankful that I have humans who love me and take care of me.

I'm thankful for my v-e-t, who always kisses me, even when she has to give me a shot or (shudder) take my temperature.

I'm thankful for green grass to roll in, leaves to chase, and interesting things to sniff when my people take me for walks.

I'm thankful for car rides!

I'm thankful for strawberry yogurt.

I'm thankful for bully sticks to chew and all my toys that I have scattered through my house.

I'm thankful for humans who do rescue to help all the pups who don't have the wonderful home I have.

I'm spending the day up at my Grandma's house with my mom & dad. Now, a trip to Grandma's, I've found, is a wonderful way to get lots of yummy things to eat. You see, I've got Grandma absolutely conned. I've been working overtime to master the "starving puppy" look -- you know, the sad eyes... the one paw slightly off the ground... the licking of the chops when I see some tasty piece of people food... And she falls for it every time! She'll stop everything to make sure I get the choicest pieces of turkey and bacon, even with Mom and Dad telling her not to do it! So my plan for Thanksgiving Day involves a lot of food mooching and a lot of sleeping it off.

Come to think of it... it's probably not very different from the Thanksgiving Day a lot of you will be having. Enjoy, everyone! Have a safe and wonderful holiday, and I'll bark at you next month!

1 comment:

Lapdog Creations said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!