Please note:

We hope that you enjoy the DOT posts and the different views from everyone included. We promise lots of cute pictures, laughter, maybe a tear or two, and some information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed here are each author's own and do not necessarily represent DOT as a whole.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Where to?


Things sure have changed in the last few years. Used to be if you saw a dog in a vehicle it was either the dog catcher's wagon or the bed of a farmer's pick-up. Now it is a common occurrence that our pals travel with us not just to the local dog park or hiking trail, but to work, vacation, etc. We want to have them with us and it's great for us and them.

Now at least one automobile manufacturer is starting to catch on and use this as a selling point, with "Dog Package" options available when you buy Honda Element.


Comes with: Rear car kennel, Kennel organizer, Pet bed, Stowable ramp, Dog-pattern seat covers, All-season “Dog-Bone” floor mats, Spill-resistant water bowl, Electric fan, Dog Friendly emblems (3)
Also included are these Dog Friendly Extras:Tote bag, Leash and collar in size small or large, Paw Print dog tag, and Bag dispenser.

One can only hope that this is the start of a trend so we dog lovers can have more options. As an owner of two bassets (and one of them having a little more junk in the trunk being a little more healthy then the other), my back I would really appreciate and utilize a ramp that was build in.

As for the picture above, technology has come a long way and while we aren't quite to the point of having our pups drive us about, I wouldn't rule it out!

Happy DOT's,
Tina, HoneyDew and Sampson too!

4 comments:

Rose said...

For sure! When I was visiting my sil in PA once, I put MaggieMae in the van since she was getting anxious knowing I was packing our stuff up to come home, and when I walked out again she was in the driver's seat as if to say, "If you don't hurry up I'm going to drive myself home!"

Mo said...

We've been gone from blogging for quite some time; hope it's okay that I just jumped right back into the fray! (my post is a bit irreverent today, but I thought it was too funny not to share!)

Howls all around!
Mo (2 hounds & a manx)

Sue said...

I would love to have a built in ramp. At the present time all but Morgan can jump in, but as they age, lifting 50 and 60 pound dogs into the car can get rough. And if they've been swimming, it can be pretty messy, too.

i said...

Having our pups driving us around is a good idea! Doubt we'll get lost LOL!