Please note:

We hope that you enjoy the DOT posts and the different views from everyone included. We promise lots of cute pictures, laughter, maybe a tear or two, and some information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed here are each author's own and do not necessarily represent DOT as a whole.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Visitors in the Den

Hello all! Penny here for yet another late edition of Dogs on Thursday. I'm pondering whether or not to fire my typist, considering she's late getting my post up yet again. This time her excuse is that we have visitors here in the den -- some friends from out of town. Problem is that my typist also is responsible for my dinner, and I don't want to jeopardize the continuing stream of food and goodies that come my way. Guess I'm going to have to find a keyboard designed especially for pups.

I don't know how all of you welcome people into your home, but I have a carefully skilled methodology. First, I stand up on my hind legs and put both of my front paws on their legs. This makes sure they notice me right off. Then, once they've seen me, I make sure to lay right down in front of them so they can give me belly rubs. I can tell right off if I'm gonna like someone based on if they give me belly rubs! And considering I'm an adorable princess, they should really like me.

Our guests have been here a couple of days, and I'm doing my best to make them feel right at home. My favorite way is the toe nibble. Once someone feels comfortable enough to take off their shoes, I go right for the toes. I hear my mom saying "no toes" in the background, but really, who can resist an adorable puppy nibbling on their toes? One of my mom's friends has particularly tasty toes. I'm going to be very sad when she leaves.

The warmer weather here has brought out some interesting creatures. Last time I told you about chasing a duck. A couple of days ago, I saw a bunny and I took off after it! Silly rabbit hid under some bushes and my dad wouldn't let me go after him. I could have totally taken the bunny. Dad now says I might like to be an earthdog. I thought I already was one considering I'm a dachshund and all. You can't get much closer to the earth than I am!

I hope all of you enjoy the spring and survive the pollen ( I had to have a b-a-t-h because my coat had gotten green from being outdoors in it and my mom was sneezing). I'll bark at you next month!

No comments: