Please note:

We hope that you enjoy the DOT posts and the different views from everyone included. We promise lots of cute pictures, laughter, maybe a tear or two, and some information. Please note that the views and opinions expressed here are each author's own and do not necessarily represent DOT as a whole.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

In the spotlight...

In my last post, I had requested that if anyone knows of, is involved in, or supports a fundraising event that benefits our canine friends to leave a comment and I will be happy to post it here in our forum. Here is today's in the spotlight submitted by Vivian and her son Henry...

How this all started


Henry is going to have the entire August off with no summer camp or pretty much anything planned. In all the years I’ve been working we always had a place to “stash” him (day care, school, after school care, nanny, grand parents, summer camps, all of them). I’m starting a business so I work from home most of the time and not making any money. It seems logical to save the money and keep him at home and let me entertain him.

That’s a tall order. I just hope we both survive the month.

So I have to get creative and come up with something challenging. Henry loves animals. Henry likes working on a project, keeping track of things, and taking charge. Henry can take pictures, write, and do math.

Here is my grand idea:

Campaign: Four Weeks 40 blankets

During the month of August, Henry and I will collect 40 blankets on bahalf of Humane Society of Silicon Valley. We will cordinate with our friends and family, advertise through assorted organizations we belong to, as well as Freecycle and Craigslist. We will pick up the donations from homes and businesses, and drop them off every Friday at Humane Society office. We will also collect toys, food, medications that people want to donate. We will keep track of the donations, take pictures, blog about our experience, and set up a Facebook Page to share with our followers.

We have received blessing from Humane Society and we can turn in whatever we collect. So we are on track for a kick start!

Please drop on over to 4 Weeks, Forty Blankets to show your support. I am sure they would welcome your comments as well as your blanket ;-)

If you know of a project, fundraiser, etc. to help rescues, non profit shelters, or a fundraiser please leave a comment or email me directly to thegardener63ataoldotcom.

Happy DOT's,
Tina, HoneyDew and Sampson too!

No comments: